Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blue, Cream, and a Little Bling!

I've been crafting like crazy lately - so much so that I haven't managed to make the time to update the blog! Today I want to share with you a sweet little card that ended up absolutely NOTHING like I had planned in my head - I actually started out using kraft as the base for this card!



The patterned paper is from the Winterland digital scrapbook kit by Nikki Epperson. I used my Nestabilities labels die for the sentiment paper and the border, as well as the butterfly, which is from Butterflies Set 1 by The Cutting Files. Since I was only using one butterfly, I didn't bother dragging out my Cricut and fighting with my Sure Cuts A Lot software - I just clipped the digital paper to the butterfly template, printed it out, and cut it by hand. If I were making a hundred butterflies (or even just 10), I'd definitely make the machine do it for me! After I cut the butterfly, I added some crystal glitter by PK Glitz to the edges and center of the butterfly to give it a little bling factor.

The base paper is from a pearl paper pack by The Paper Studio. I embossed it using a Cuttlebug folder. I added blue ribbon and the little silver charm from my stash of random stuff. The flowers and center are by Prima Marketing.

The sentiment is from the Friends4Ever set by The {Stamps} of Life. I originally stamped it with light blue ink, but couldn't get a good photo of the sentiment so I restamped it using grey and I like how it turned out.

Check back on Thursday when I show off some of the stuff I made for the new releases this week at The Digi Chick. There are SO MANY awesome products coming out and I've had a blast playing with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment